Expert Professional Defence Barrister
I have assisted professional clients in the most challenging cases, securing favourable outcomes even where the case seems impossible.
I give my clients the best chance to secure a favourable result by ensuring each and every avenue is tackled in the right way. I don't just build your case, but a robust strategy for your defence.
Proven Track Record
My job is to ensure my clients get the results they need. I do everything in my power to make that happen, and my past cases and experience are testament to that.
If you are facing criminal charges and your professionalism is being called into question, it can have a devastating effect on your career. I can help you. I am a defence barrister for professionals in London and all over the UK and I know what it takes to secure your reputation and livelihood. I fully understand your concerns and the impact it may have on not just your personal life, but your professional life too.
I have assisted a broad range of professionals in tribunals and hearings including; lawyers, police officers, doctors, nurses, dentists, bankers, other types of medical professionals. If you are concerned about your professional career, I can provide you with the peace of mind that we are doing all we can to provide you with the most robust possible defence. Call me today on 0800 054 1170 or complete my online enquiry form and I will get back to you right away.
Best Defence for Professionals
When it comes to your career and your reputation, you don’t want just any lawyer. You need a barrister with years of experience in navigating complex cases and succeeding. I can help you build the strongest case from the minute you get in touch with me, because I take a unique approach to casework. I often defend professionals for whom conviction not only carries with it the prospect of imprisonment, but it would also destroy a lifetime of good character as well as obliterate a hard-earned reputation at work and undermine relationships with friends and family.
I completely understand that the impact of conviction extends far beyond the accused person to family members, colleagues, friends and associates. An impending criminal trial causes enormous stress and may lead to irremediable reputational damage.
I have assisted a broad variety of clients and appeared before several different professional tribunals, including the General Medical Council (GMC), police tribunals and other health professional tribunals. I also have significant experience with the appeal and review proceedings which frequently arise as a result of the tribunal process. My past clients include serving police officers; journalists; professors; diplomats; doctors; foster carers; nurses (and other medical practitioners); and bankers).
Due to my significant experience in the area of cases involving professionals, I am in a strong position to provide top-level representation and first-class advice to you if you are facing possible disciplinary action or a professional tribunal as well as if you are facing criminal charges.
Because of the complexity often involved in professional tribunals and their related issues, it is very important to get quality legal advice as soon as possible. If you have a professional matter to discuss or need support, advice and even representation, I am able and willing to help you today.
Recent Professional Defence Cases
My cases are high profile and are widely reported in the press, online and on television.
Examples of recent cases:
- (2018 -2019) defending a police officer accused of conspiring with other police officers to pervert the course of justice. This case opened up complex provisions of European Law. It involved a 2-week voire dire on the admissibility of telephone intercepts. I co-defended with and against eminent QCs and I led the submissions on European Law.
- S: (2015) (police inspector), jointly charged with his wife and two others with offences of theft/fraud- (approximately £1 million Ponzi type scheme) and associated regulatory offences, (complainants ACPO ranked police officers). Substantial preliminary arguments challenging the admissibility of the evidence and /or submitting that the case should be stayed. Successful submissions on admissibility led to the crown offering no evidence on all counts.
- AH: (2016) (constable conspiring to pervert the course of justice)- telephoned 999 and threatened that a police officer would be kidnapped and beheaded at the end of shift thereby causing an innocent person to be arrested and detained, at a time of heightened terrorist threat. Difficult complex cross-examination.
- H: (2014) a police constable charged with GBH and cruelty on a child of his partner.
- S: (2015) a Gambian diplomat accused of conspiring with others to evade excise duty of many millions of pounds by abusing their diplomatic quotas for tobacco and alcohol. Issues around waiver of diplomatic immunity.
- R: (2015) a company director jointly charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. Cutthroat defence as he claimed to be acting under duress.
- K: (2016) a retired university professor and author, accused of historic rapes over many years of both his younger sisters beginning when he was a teenager and his sisters were young children through to adulthood. Complex legal and disclosure issues and substantial submissions on admissibility. Acquitted on all counts after two trials.
- S: (2017) a director of a small business was accused of sexually abusing his stepdaughter on various occasions during her childhood, issues of false memory syndrome. Acquitted on all counts.
Defence Barrister for Professionals in London, UK
I am hands-on from the very beginning of my cases and I make sure I have enough time to carry out all necessary conferences with my clients anywhere in the UK. I work very closely with my clients, putting them at the centre of decision making, we are a team.
I am assisted by a team of highly motivated, tenacious solicitors from all over the country, you can be confident in our approach to your case.
Serving Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, London, Bristol and the rest of the UK. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly on 0800 054 1170 or fill out a contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.